On January 1, 2019 – 2 1/2 months after brain surgery – I opened the door to 2019 with great joy!! I’ve made it through an entire year … I am so grateful!!!!
I spent all of 2019 getting to know the new me. Facing truths in life that I hadn’t seen clearly before. Seeing diversity come alive in the global missions world. Seeing our regional leadership plan in Africa become a reality. Building ministry relationships that will help us step into new areas strongly. Being part of a body of believers that love us and see what God is doing through us. Mentoring young folk. Lloyd preaching. Me singing and teaching. A beautiful partnership with a local Christian counseling ministry. Grateful to have one of my sisters back in my life. Rejoicing as my daughter was married and gave birth to baby #2. Rejoicing as my oldest son was married to the woman God created for him. Excited for both of my sons to begin the ministries and businesses that God has led them to do. 2019 was a good year.
It’s a New Year! I want to keep running to the finish line. The only life prize that matters is the one that has been promised by God, through Jesus Christ … eternal life with him. I’m not there yet, God knows I’m not!!! But I’m committing to leaving the junk and mistakes of 2019 back there … and moving on in 2020, allowing His Spirit to guide and direct me, and doing every single thing for the sake of His glory. No! I’m not yet all that God wants me to be, but I’m pushing hard to let Him change me, mold me and make me all that He’s called me to be. It’s what my Savior wants from me. It is why He made me His own!!! (Philippians 3: 12 – 15) So … for 2020, I want to keep moving after some things and add new things that’ll help me be what He wants me to be. So here’s my 20 for 2020:
- Focus on the problem solver, not the problem (preach Reginald!)
- Believe I can do things, because He told me to do them
- Love, even when the love is not returned
- Forgive, even if it happens again
- Repent and repent again
- Ask for the filling of the Holy Spirit each and every day
- Extend mercy to people, just as I beg for mercy from Him
- Grace, I’ll give it to others just as He gives it to me
- Share my joy
- Speak truth
- Build friendships
- Pour in to relationships that I’ve neglected
- Be a respecting baby sister – listening to and being taught by my older sisters, who are amazingly God filled women
- Listen and learn from the Word of God
- Love and pour truth into my children and grandchildren; love and bring joy to my mother
- Take care of my physical body
- Lead well in every role God has placed me in
- Serve well in every place God has sent me
- Love, obey, adore, serve, encourage, care for, invest in … my wonderful gift of a husband
- Serve, obey, glorify, uplift, reflect, praise, submit to, listen to, talk to … my God, my Savior, my King, my Father, my All In All
Happy New Year, friends and family!!! Let’s take the next step in wonderful new ways for the sake of His glory!!