Howdy from France!
Our first work stop was in the town of Strausbourg. It’s was cold for a Texan girl (just about 50 degrees and under) but I’ve got a jacket. I also have an orange hat that was crocheted for me by an amazing friend of mine (thank you Wessilee!). It’s been a little rainy so we had to get an umbrella; and, of course, I’m wearing my hat and there’s a hood on my jacket – so no complaints.
A few difficulties:
- I’ve had some headaches
- I’ll need to have some things with my eyes/vision checked out. My two eyes are very different from one another
- It seems that one of the medications make me very drowsy and dizzy.
- The vertigo is not gone
OK, family/friends – the list below is my testimony for the first part of the trip:
- God is good! God is faithful! God is powerful! God is merciful! God is gracious! God’s Healing Is REAL!
- We had effective and encouraging times with the two missionary families that we were here to meet with
- I am managing well and I’ve been able to live out my responsibilities in my role.
- I have been able to remember most things that are said to me; including names (SMILE)
- I have been able to communicate in ways that make sense (my funny vocabulary is just … funny)
- Not ONE Seizure!!! Not one!!! Not One! NOT ONE!!!
Y’all – this seizure trial has come for sure! But, my Father has already overcome it, which means I cannot worry! This trip overseas will be alright and I’ll be able to step back into my role 100% very soon because I LOVE Him; and because I am answering a call from Him! It’s all about Him and it is not always easy.
Keep praying! We took about 4 hours in 2 flights from Strausbourg and then drove about two hours to reach the next city.
I’m looking forward to sending you a new testimony. In fact, I’m looking forward to being a Jesus testimony to my doctor’s office. Wouldn’t it be just incredible to see people on the neurologic team come to know Jesus!?!?
Father I want to honor You with my whole life, and at the end, when I stand before Your judgment seat – I want to hear You say well done. I refuse to live a life rejecting the great plans that You have for me! I am embracing Your best for me and, by faith, I am committed to complete the task that You have placed before me! I commit to finish well. Lord, You have done Your part by redeeming me through the blood of Christ; and equipping me with Your Holy Spirit. I will not neglect my part to submit to the difficulties, the setbacks, the disappointments and the pain, NO! I will look ahead to the day when I’ll meet You face to face. I am determined to allow You, my Lord, to develop within me a heart that can stand. I am committed to ask You to move in Your power and ignite Your passion in me to live for Your pleasure and for ultimate joy! I won’t give out – I won’t give in! (1 Corinthians 6:20; Deuteronomy 6:5; 2 Corinthians 5:10; 2 Timothy 4:7; Acts 20:24; Philippians 3: 12 – 16)