This week I experienced the loss of two men who were very dear to my heart.
- One is a distant relation who I considered a 2nd father; the other is my nephew, who was raised as my brother.
- One was older and ready to meet his Savior; the other was not even 60 and was in a fight for his life.
- Both were fathers of girls.
- Both were strong believers in Jesus Christ.
- Both left an impression on you if they met you.
- Both lived lives of service to others.
- Both had vocations of service.
- Both were dedicated to the ministries of the local church.
- Both were very dear to my heart.
- Both succumbed to CANCER.
My tears just keep flowing. My eyes ache. My heart is heavy.
But… the laughter keeps popping up as I remember; gratefulness is oozing from my pores because I’m so glad God allowed them to be such an integral part of my life; and, my heart sings because I know that both of them will be spending eternity with the Savior that they loved!!